The radiator of your car may be one of the cheaper components of the car’s engine compartment, but it plays one of the most vital roles of the engine’s function. If not taken care of correctly or repaired correctly, it could end up costing hundreds to repair. It could end up having residual effects on other functions in the engine that cause more damage. Andy’s Auto Supply & Repair has been performing radiator repairs in Portland for well over 40 years, and we have gained the respect and recognition for being the best auto repair shop for radiator repairs. We make sure to take care of all of our customers and keep them involved in every step of the way during the process.
What Makes The Radiator?
Andy’s Auto Supply & Repair’s technicians know how complicated the radiator system can be, that’s why we’re a trusted name in radiator repairs. We make sure to go through every part of the radiator system and make sure that every piece is accounted for and taken apart correctly, cleaned, and repaired or replaced with new, high-quality pieces.
Some of the parts we will inspect and repair include:
- Radiator: This is the main component of the system, sometimes called the “core.” It’s a more massive metal block, sometimes made of copper or aluminum, with small metal fins to allow coolant to vent heat to the air surrounding the radiator.
- Hoses: There are two necessary hoses in the cooling system. They are the lower hose and the upper hose, both of which move coolant between the engine and the radiator. These hoses can wear down and eventually crack when exposed to extremely high or low temperatures.
- Thermostat: This piece of equipment blocks the flow of coolant to the engine until the engine is fully warmed up. The thermostat can get stuck and can cause your car’s engine to overheat quickly.
- Caps: Because the system is always under pressure, the cap is essential because the coolant is always at a higher temperature. The pressure cap uses springs to keep the system pressurized.
- Water Pump: The water pump is arguably one of the most critical components of a car’s engine, as it continually pumps coolant and water into the engine. A faulty water pump can overheat your engine and possibly cause more damage to the cooling system and the engine itself.
- Fan: The radiator fan pulls cooling air through the radiator system. They help move air when the car is standing still or moving slowly. If the fan doesn’t work correctly, it can cause your vehicle to overheat.
Andy’s Auto Supply & Repair has been performing radiator repairs in Portland since 1975 and has gained a reputation for being one of the best repair shops in the area. We pride ourselves on giving up-front and honest advice and quotes. When it comes to our customers and their vehicles, we make sure to provide the best parts and the best service for all of their repair needs. When you need a quality shop for radiator repairs or other vehicle repairs and inspections, make sure to call or visit Andy’s Auto Supply & Repair in Portland!