The radiator of your car may be one of the cheaper components of the car’s engine compartment, it plays one of the most vital roles of the engine’s function and if not taken care of correctly or repaired correctly, it could end up costing hundreds to repair and it could end up having residual effects on other functions in the engine that cause more damage. Andy’s Auto Supply & Repair has been performing radiator repairs in Portland for well over 40 years and we have gained the respect and recognition for being the best auto repair shop for radiator repairs. We make sure to take care of all of our customers and keep them involved in every step of the way during the process.
What Makes The Radiator?
Andy’s Auto Supply & Repair’s technicians know how complex the radiator system can be, that’s why we’re a trusted name in radiator repairs. We make sure to go through every part of the radiator system and make sure that every part is accounted for and taken apart properly, cleaned, and repaired or replaced with new, high-quality parts.
Some of the parts we will inspect and repair include:
- Radiator: This is the main component of the system, sometimes called the “core”. It’s a larger metal block, sometimes made of copper or aluminum, with small metal fins to allow coolant to vent heat to the air surrounding the radiator.
- Hoses: There are two essential hoses in the cooling system. They are the lower hose and the upper hose, both of which move coolant between the engine and the radiator. These hoses can wear down and eventually crack when exposed to extremely high or low temperatures.
- Thermostat: This piece of equipment blocks the flow of coolant to the engine until the engine is fully warmed up. The thermostat can get stuck and can cause your car’s engine to overheat quickly.
- Caps: Because the system is always under pressure, the cap is essential because the coolant is always at a higher temperature. The pressure cap uses springs to keep the system pressurized.
- Water Pump: The water pump is arguably one of the most important components of a car’s engine, as it constantly pumps coolant and water into the engine. A faulty water pump can overheat your engine and possibly cause more damage to the cooling system and the engine itself.
- Fan: The radiator fan pulls cooling air through the radiator system. They help move air when the car is standing still or moving slowly. If the fan doesn’t work properly, it can cause your car to overheat.
Andy’s Auto Supply & Repair has been performing radiator repairs in Portland since 1975 and has gained the reputation for being one of the best repair shops in the area. We pride ourselves on giving up-front and honest advice and quotes. When it comes to our customers and their vehicles, we make sure to provide the best parts and the best service for all of their repair needs. When you need a quality shop for radiator repairs or other vehicle repairs and inspections, make sure to call or visit Andy’s Auto Supply & Repair in Portland!