Keep Your Car’s Transmission Running Smoothly
From Clutches to Drivetrains: Repairing Transmissions In Portland OR
The trained and certified technicians at Andy’s Auto Supply & Repair have been providing service for manual and automatic transmissions for years. Our local auto repair shop is equipped with all the tools and expertise needed to make sure your transmission continues shifting smoothly. Our experienced technicians will narrow down any issues your car is experiencing in its gear shifting. We’ll break down the full scope of any discovered problem with you and follow up with the most efficient and cost-effective solutions. In addition to our expert knowledge, we offer a wide range of top-tier products to extend your car’s lifespan and keep it shifting smoothly. From clutches to gearbox rebuilds, we’ll install any needs parts at the best price possible and get you back on the road in no time.
Bring your car in for complete transmission inspection and repair today!
Our Transmission Services
Taking Care Of Your Drivetrain
Whether it’s standard or automatic, our shop can make sure your transmission keeps running smoothly and efficiently. Don’t let broken clutch or old transmission fluid slow down your ride. Come in today for a premium inspection and part replacement from our experienced technicians. Here are some of our services:
- Transmission service flushes
- Clutch repair and replacement
- Flywheel/flex plate repair and replacement
- Transmission gearbox rebuilds
- Full transmission replacement
- Scheduled fluid flushes
- Transmission filter replacement
- Transmission and clutch servicing
- Shifter linkage service and repair
- AWD and 4X4 servicing available
- Complete diagnostics and inspections
- Transmission pan examination, cleaning and servicing
Repairing clutches: Maintaining Your Manual Transmission
As part of our transmission repair services, Andy’s Auto Supply & Repair also offers complete clutch replacement, repair and servicing. With the right upkeep, and knowing what to look for, every manual car owner can keep their clutch engaging correctly and consistently.
Signs of a Failing Clutch
1. Grinding during shift – A grinding sound coming from your clutch as you shift can mean any number of things. If your vehicle is experiencing this, bring your car in and let us take a look.
2. High-pitch squeaking – If your clutch pedal emits a loud, high-frequency sound, your clutch bearings may need servicing.
3. Scraping clutch – If your clutch sounds like it needs some lubrication, that could be because it does. Your clutch shouldn’t scrape when engaged.
4. Difficulty engaging – Whether your clutch is physically hard to depress or if it feels like there’s a lot of play before it engages, a clutch that isn’t operating smoothly is a sign that servicing is around the corner.
5. Pulsing or vibration – A functioning clutch operates smoothly and without interruption to driveability. If your clutch is pulsing or emitting a “chattering” sound, there are likely damaged components.
Come To Andy’s Auto Supply & Repair For Complete Transmission and Clutch Repair
Andy’s Auto Supply & Repair also offers additional services such as:
Car Repair , Auto Air Conditioning, Brakes, Timing Belts, and more!